Longing to be in Rome


When I look outside, I see a cold and dark morning. Unfortunately it is Monday, my autumn break is over and I will have to go to work again. I do not really want to take the 6.40 am bus to Amsterdam and spend my day teaching in a cold school.  

Instead, I long to be in Rome, sitting in the sun at the Spanish Steps, drinking espresso in that restaurant in the streets behind Piazza Navona, looking over the rooftops in different shades of ocher and red, visiting the beautiful churches, or the remains of ancient history.

And so, just to cheer me up, here are some of the pictures I took when I visited Rome last August. These photographs take me back there and make me remember those wonderful days in the most amazing city in the world.
San Pietro, from the Castel dell'Angelo
photograph taken by me, Rome 2012

House of the Vestal Virgins, photograph taken by me, Rome 2012

Orange tree, Farnese Gardens, photograph taken by me, Rome 2012

Chimneys, Aventine, photograph taken by me, Rome 2012

Part of the fountain on the Piazza Navona, photograph taken by me, Rome 2012

Fresco, Musseo Massimo, photograph taken by me, Rome 2012

Comments