Finding peace and quiet

A couple of weeks ago I had some time between classes and a meeting and I went to the Catholic cemetary near school. I needed some quiet time for myself, to find some peace to restore my energy to get me through the rest of the day.

As it turned out, the cemetary was the perfect spot for this. I loved walking here, looking at the graves, some old and some new and I sensed how important it is to remember our dead and how precious life is. It is good to stand still sometimes and realize this.





Some old graves

If this is not a symbol of comfort, I do not know what it. 

Comments

  1. Cemeteries are good spots to wander and to be quiet. Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Cemeteries are very good for making photo's, you almost always have a great atmosphere :-)

      Kind regards,

      Delete
    2. Very true! I think some people thought it was strange that one of my top 10 places to visit in Paris was the Pere LeChaise cemetery...but it's a great cemetery! (And I took a lot of photographs there, too.)

      Delete
    3. Oh, I can totally relate to this, Pere LaChaise is an amazing place!

      Kind regards,

      Delete

Post a Comment